On Monday, 20.07.2020, I started to cycle southwards to Carinthia via Pass Pyhrn and Pass Triebener Tauern and then back via Mallnitz – Bad Gastein.
That would include about 700 km and 6.000 m altitude again.
- There were many highlights worthwhile to mention.
- I visited the “running wall” near Molln. It is a vertical wall of conglomerate stones where water drips through.
Depending on the recent amount of rain, it is little or a big shower. Mine was a light shower.
- Found a splendid camping site in Aigen.
- Managed to cycle up the Triebener Tauern Pass to 1.274 m altitude and quite a steep gradient.
- Found an informal camping spot in Frantschach.
- The lakes of Carnuntum were not overcrowded.
- The way back via Mallnitz and the train shuttle to Bad Gastein until Golling was tough.
- Found a jewel of a route to Hinterebenau and Fuschl
- Met unexpected friends at the lake of Wolfgangsee
- Met my cousin in Altmünster and a good friend in Gmunden
- Returned to my all time favorite Steyrtal.
Route maps and table: